Friday, March 12, 2010

A Change in the Line

Dear Blog,

No man has ever treated me as kindly as Heath and I have never felt so much love from a single person as he. I don't know how I got so lucky. One day I asked him where he learned to treat women (i.e. his wife) so well and he said from his father. Then I asked where his father learned and he said his grandpa. Heath told me that his great grandfather wasn't so kind to his wife and would yell. So his son, or Heath's grandpa, said he would never treat his wife that way and he didn't so I'm told (I think this is quite extraordinary because many times I find people that say they will never do "x" like their parents but often fall into the same path. I'm talking about ethical issues here, not just certain characteristics). Because grandpa decided to change, his son followed his example followed by Heath following his father's example. And there you have it. I have a very loving and understanding husband. And I owe it all to Grandpa Wilcock.

Sincerely,
Emily Wilcock

P.S. I realize that Heath's character is already very kind and loving but I don't think it would be at the caliber it is today if it weren't for the way he was raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment