Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gastroenteritis

Dear Blog,

On Monday evening Juni started vomiting, a ton! It was terrible. She has never been this sick before. Strangely enough she didn't have a fever and was smiling and playing with her toys at first so it was a real mystery to me. We took her to urgent care, they gave her some medicine and she started feeling better and the next day she was fine.

Then, last nigh it was my turn. I don't mean to complain but I think I may have had it worse than poor little June bug. I was running a fever and woke up every hour or two to run to the bathroom. I am still very nauseous, tired, and I have lost 5 lbs already! eesh!

The only sickness I suffer from is migraines (which have significantly lightened up). They suck! But they are something I have had for so long that I'm used to it. But this, the stomach flu -- I never want to do this again. I am so grateful for my good health that I have always had. Even the yearly cold usually lasts less than a week. And I'm grateful that so far it looks as though Juni is very resilient to sickness. Good genes, I guess.

Anyway, since every post needs a picture I will post some Kerri's, my mother-in-law, springy decorations. Don't worry, there are only a few this time.


Until next time . . .

Sincerely,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment